Wednesday 26 January 2011

What if gravity stopped working?

Forget climate change and the ozone layer, what if gravity ran out? OK so gravity (as far as we know) doesn't have legs but it could stop working at anytime. And it appears that no-one apart from me is giving this any thought.

If I'm wrong however and you're a scientist secretly working on a gravity plan, drop me a line. I promise I won't spill the beans to the feds.

But if no-one's thinking about this, maybe we should.

For should gravity lose its pull, will we simply fall off the planet? And what happens to Earth itself? Will it plummet to the bottom of the universe? And where is the bum of the universe anyway? It's gonna take more than a Hadron Collider to work that one out.

The only reason I'm thinking about this (apart from obviously having nothing better to do) is that I saw a burst of cherry blossom the other day and it's still only January!

What's going on?

Aside from the world warming up, could it be that the world is also speeding up?

Last year for example everyone I spoke to said the same thing: time felt like it was going way too fast.

Perhaps (like Malcolm Tucker) the planet is out of control?

And if so what are we going to do about it?  Are we going to start ageing faster or will we find that ChristmasWintertimeYuletide Fest (or whatever we're supposed to be calling it now) starts in summer?

That would suit Marks & Spencers just fine. The little tinkers can hardly wait for the school holidays to be over before they're sneaking out the 2-for-1 mince pies.

Suffice to say I don't know what the answer is but a packet of Quavers to the first person who can formulate a plan of escape should the worst come to the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment